Thursday, September 20, 2007

Luke

All of your prayers for our family and Luke were evident today at our appointment as we watched Luke’s heart beat better than we have seen! The full 20 minutes we were watching him, the highest his heart rate got was around 160!!! It never went into Tachycardia (the really high rate) and it only skipped twice that we saw. Typically, it has been skipping about every 2 or 3 beats, it’s even something that would be obvious to the non-medical person’s eye, we only saw it twice! This appointment was not with the cardiologist, so we will see what he has to say on Monday when we got for our weekly visit with him, but the radiologist (the one who found the issue last week) was excited to see it looking so good. I said in one of my previous emails that it seemed like this would be an appointment by appointment process and that is proving to be true. I’m always anxious to see what we will find and what the cardiologist will have to say with each new visit. The fluid is still there, but doesn’t seem to have gotten any worse as far as she could tell. This is by far the best we have seen his heart look and it was so encouraging.

Please pray that his heart is doing this consistently, in the hours of his day that we are not seeing him, pray that the Lord continues to work in his little life and heals his heart completely. Pray that Luke continues to be very active and that I can avoid those panicked, fear filled moments of questioning if I have felt him move. Pray that fear does not over take me, I had a bad night and morning struggling with that and I know that Satan would be too happy to win that battle in my mind.

We are amazed, humbled and in awe of the Lord and of the people He has put in our lives to pray with us, for us and over us.

Thank you so much for those prayers.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hi Lindsay! I am so happy to see you got another good report! Just wanted you to know we are still praying!