Saturday, September 1, 2007

Saturday

Today was a weird day. I got up and finished up some of the projects I started yesterday. At about 10, I sat down with the boys in the rocking recliner to watch a show. I ended up rocking myself into a daze and by 10:30 I could barely keep my eyes open. I went to get in bed, thinking I would just take a 20 minute nap, then woke up 2 hours later at 12:30! I woke up so disoriented. I guess I just needed the extra sleep! By the way, Neal was home, so my boys weren't running around 2 hours unsupervised!

On another note, our church has started doing Saturday night services, so I went for the first time tonight to check it out. Our Community Group leaders were having their son dedicated and my friend Christy was leading worship, so I didn't want to miss those things. Neal and the boys stayed home, so I thought I would have a nice evening to myself. I was surprised to walk into church and see a row full of some of my friends, all sitting together! That never happens on Sunday mornings, we have 3 services Sunday's and everyone is always so spread out, so the chances of seeing friends other than in the hallway going different directions is always slim. It was such a nice feeling to be worshiping with good friends! We will definitely be switching to Saturday nights!

When I got home, Neal, the boys and I were hanging out in the living room. The TV was on, Tennessee/Cal football game on a commercial, all of a sudden Sam says "SHHHHHH" really loudly, we all kinda looked at him and he says "this is a home depot commercial...shhh!" and proceeds to watch the rest of the commercial intently! I couldn't stop laughing, which made him mad at me and he told me to quit laughing, so I had to hold it in. I'm still laughing about it (he's in bed now, so I can). Who knew that he liked Home Depot so much? We went the other day to get ant traps, but he didn't act like it was the coolest thing on the planet...you never know with him!

So, after a semi-lazy day, tomorrow we start on my to do list! Get some of the junk upstairs cleaned out and same for the garage...fun stuff! :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Home Depot at our house is called the Potty Store. When we go there I let the kids play on the toilets. It's a blast!

Carly O'Quinn said...

Carrie...that's brave! I would be nervous that mine would actually use the potty and I'd have to make a mad dash for the doors!