Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's Thursday Night!

Do you know what that means? It's a great TV night. It's 6:30, the boys are bathed, fed, pj'd and exhausted from a big day at school, playing with friends after and NO NAPS! A no nap day in our house is translated into an early bedtime day, which is what will be happening in the next 30 to 45 minutes...bedtime for those boys and TV time for Neal and I. What will we watch? We have a TiVo scheduling conflict on Thursday nights because we have a few...

First, of course, is The Office. We both love this show and love watching it together. I won't watch it unless Neal is here to watch with me (or, if I can't wait, I'll watch it by myself and then again with him) because I love laughing out loud with him at this show and their crazy antics. We just have fun watching it together.

Second, Grey's Anatomy, Neal doesn't necessarily get into this show. I do, although I was extremely annoyed with it last season, too much drama, love triangles and every one unhappy. I'm giving it a chance though.

Third, CSI, another one Neal and I like watching together. I like it because they always solve the case in the end, so it's like a mystery/suspense novel in an hour.

Fourth, 30 Rock, this one doesn't premiere until next week, but it's another that I love watching with Neal and just laughing together. It's really funny, if you haven't seen it, check it out. Jerry Seinfeld is supposed to be on the first episode.

Everyone is posting on their favorite shows, so I am following suit, and figured it was time for some happy posts on this blog. The past 2 to 3 weeks have been filled with updates on Luke and other sad stories, so I promise to lighten up for awhile! Also, I am feeling self-conscience about not having posted any pictures lately, Carly did some research that says people are more prone to read a post if there is a picture. No pictures here for awhile, but I promise some will be coming this weekend. A group of friends and I are taking the kids to our favorite Fall Farm/Pumpkin Patch tomorrow and my camera will be joining us for lots of photo ops. I'll also try to remember to take pictures of the new painting in the hallway and bathroom. Neal is tackling the guest room this weekend...

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm laughing at the NO NAPS comment! That is totally us!!!! It's 7:20 and both boys are sound asleep...whoo-hoo for Thursday night TV. :)

Be Inspired Always said...

I love watching CSI. I also like watching survivor with my kids. Thursday nights is the best night on t.v. so we go all out with popcorn and a small pizza party with our family.


Jillian

Carly O'Quinn said...

Oooooooo, Girls! It was a no nap day at our house too and even though it sounds like I orchestrated it that way so we could have an early bedtime...I did not! They were in bed and asleep by 7:45 last night. Coincidentally, just in time for The Office to begin.

I totally forgot how much I love 30 Rock and am especially excited about watching it after seeing that Seinfeld was going to be in the season premiere.

With my list of "Must See TV" getting longer by the minute, I'm beginning to wonder if I have an addiction that I need to deal with. I guess that's the beauty of TiVo. So you can spread it out through the week whenever your freetime permits!

laura said...

Ditto! LOVE The Office, and can't wait for 30 Rock next week. I'm with you though, it is much more fun to watch with the husband! I also love Ugly Betty...

Carrie said...

I love that other people put their kids to bed early. We sure do and yes Tivo is a saint.