Monday, September 17, 2007

Some good news...

We left Vanderbilt today feeling a little more encouraged by Luke’s condition. Dr. Liske said a few times this morning that he was pleased with what he was seeing. Luke’s heart rate still jumps up really high (275 was the highest today), but he said that it is beating in a normal range (148) much more today than it was Thursday. So, Thursday, it was hovering on the high end and hitting normal infrequently. Today, it stayed at normal more frequently and hit the high rhythm, but for not as long. Also, the fluid around his heart has not expanded any. That all means that, in the past few days, his condition has not worsened – which is great news! I am going to continue to see him once a week and also see my OBGYN, Dr. Presley, once a week. I will have an ultrasound at each visit, where they will monitor Luke’s heart to see what it continues to do. It sounds like, if it gets any worse, we will go the medicine route, where I will go into the hospital. If it doesn’t get worse, we will just continue to monitor him closely.

It feels great to have a plan, to be monitored so closely and to know that his heart is resting at that normal rhythm more than we thought it was. Please continue to pray that the Lord heals his little heart and that this becomes a non-issue. Also, please pray that he continues to be very active and that I won’t have any moments of panic, thinking that I haven’t felt him.

It was amazing to watch his little heart beating on the screen, to see it skipping, speeding up and going back to normal. To see it so intricately and to know that the Lord made that heart and that it is in His hands, is amazing. Neal and I both keep feeling like there is something we should do, when there isn’t. I keep thinking that I shouldn’t move, or get stressed out, for fear of making his heart rate go up too high. Literally, the only thing we can do for Luke is pray, Trust God with his little life and go to the next appointment. There are so many tangible things we do on a daily basis to take care of Sam and Gabe, please pray that we will know how to parent them and love them through this time. Thank you all so much for your prayers, it is humbling to Neal and I to know that so many people care about us and are praying for our littlest boy and us.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Lindsay, I'm glad to hear it's not an emergent issue right now. We'll keep praying for all the best.

Love
Jaime

JB said...

Lindsay, I am a friend of Carly who linked to your story through her blog. I live in Franklin and am keeping you and your sweet family in my prayers. May God fill your days with peace as you anticipate the arrival of baby Luke.

Julie Beth Fox

laura said...

I am so thankful you had a good appointment. We will continue to pray for peace and healing. Love you!

Marlers said...

Hi Lindsay! I have wanted to leave you a message for quite some time...we moved and am currently "illegally using the neighbors wireless internet" until we get ours set up...and unfortunetely neighbor doesn't get online often! haha! I have been praying daily for you and sweet baby Luke. It has been humbling to read about your patience and optimism!! Please keep us updated...hope to talk with you soon. My email should be up withing the next week or so. Love you.

Sharla