Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I'm exhausted!

This school thing is wearing me out! I'm so used to not having a schedule, so getting us all up and out of the house by 9 three mornings in a row is exhausting! The start of school also means the start of a new semester of fun things at church to sign up for. I signed up for a class my church offers on Tuesday mornings and went to the first one yesterday. I thought I was signing up for a lecture class, but it has now turned into a "group" class. When my friend told me of the change, I didn't realize what the word "group" really meant, until we all put our chairs together in a circle. The woman leading it is one of the church counselors that I have seen a few times this past year. She really helped me gain perspective when I was going through the miscarriages and gave me some great things to think about. I've also heard her speak and am always encouraged and convicted by what she says. Her platform is that she wants us as women to know who we really are, so we can be ourselves as we give ourselves away. To know our story, why we react to things the way we do, how to have healthy boundaries and to have a voice. All that to say, when I found out she was leading this class on those things, I signed up. I admit that when I pulled my chair into the circle and fully comprehended what "group" meant, I panicked. In the midst of my panic, I never felt the need to flee, more than anything, I felt that I wanted to commit to this group for 10 weeks and see what journey the Lord will take me on through this class. I'm praying that He will give me a deeper understanding of who I really am in Him, that I will learn a healthier way of processing my feelings and to allow myself to feel them.

Today, I had a meeting for a ministry I'm involved in called Mom's Together (basically like MOPS, but with an FBC twist). It's obviously a ministry geared towards us moms of younger kids and they do their best to make us feel pampered with yummy homemade breakfasts, beautiful decorations, wonderful women to watch our children, moms with older kids to mentor us and amazing speakers to speak into our lives. We are divided into groups with other moms (and one mentor mom) in our area of town and the last part of our time is spent as groups getting to know each other and to encourage each other in our journey as moms. This will be my second year as a Discussion Group Leader and I'm so excited to see what this year has in store. I always leave refreshed and with tools to help me mother my little boys precious hearts. I got to meet my Mentor Mom today and she was so sweet. She was very excited about having our group over for dinner one evening to cook us dinner and spoil us.

So, I'm exhausted, but it's a good thing. I'm excited to have a little more structure in our daily routine, but more importantly to see what the Lord is going to teach me this fall. I pray that my heart will be open to His and that I will allow myself to be taken to places that might not be so comfortable to me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...sounds like a group i would like to be in!
that mom's deal thing sounds cool too!
what a great idea...to pamper and care for younger mom's.
wish we had something like that here!

Cindy Seay said...

Lindsey,
That sounds like a great group and what a great feeling - to not feel like you want to turn and run. I've felt that a million times in my life.
I'll be praying that God does amazing things in your life and in the group.
Have a great fall!

Jaime said...

I'm really happy for you! Sounds like you're in some great groups. I wish they had something like that here!! Miss ya

Them Chandlers said...

There's a precious woman at our church that leads a group like that. It has been so liberating to be a part of! It makes my heart smile to hear someone else experiencing the same thing! Thank you so much for sharing this :)