Sunday, September 16, 2007

Good Weekend

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours has been pretty relaxing, the weather has been beautiful, but we've stayed inside for most of it. I'm finally feeling better, I don't think I mentioned in any of my posts about Luke that I had a raging sinus infection when all that was going on last week. I finally started feeling better yesterday, but still don't have much energy. We have been on a home updating kick, so as I write this, chilled out on the recliner, Neal is busy painting the hallway, the guest room and bathrooms are next on his list. I've been nice and jumped in a few times with a paintbrush to help with the trim. Once we get those rooms done, we will do the living room/entry way/stairwell, but we have to hire someone to do those because the ceilings are so high....and frankly, it's just too much work! Sam has been so excited all day to help Neal paint, he finally got to this evening and of course, Gabe jumped in. I had my camera handy and took a few pics. I'll try and post them soon and you can see the color of the paint too. Neal has had guys coming out all weekend to give estimates on cutting trees down, power washing and staining our deck. We are waiting to hear back from the guy who is going to do the renovations upstairs for the boys room to let us know when he can get started with that. We are adding a closet in our upstairs bonus room and turning it into Sam and Gabe's room. We are also going to get our carpet cleaned...I can't tell you how excited I am about that. And, sometime soon (hopefully) we will be putting tile in the bathrooms and kitchen (good bye nasty linoleum)! Who knows if that will all get done, but it's on our list and we are hoping that we will be able to do some of it before Christmas.

The Fall is full uncertainty with Luke's condition and what that means for me and my activities, how limited I will be. I hate being limited...ugh! I'm anxious to see what tomorrow's appointment brings. I've got tons of questions that we have come up these past few days and hopefully will be getting some answers to those questions at the appointment. My old friend, Sarah is doing her pediatric residency at Texas Children's, so she has been great about answering alot of my questions. I've called her and emailed her a ton already this week. She's been great about telling me what all the medical talk means, those words sound so scary and overwhelming. I also found out today that an old college friend works at Vandy and knows a ton of nurses and doctors that work in Pediatric Cardiology and NICU. She will be a great resource as well. God has been so gracious to put those (and others, too) in our path right now. I just re connected with Leigh Anne (college friend) a few weeks ago and we keep running into each other at the most random places, a garage sale last weekend, and have been emailing to get together...not a coincidence!

I'll post more sometime tomorrow...

4 comments:

Jaime said...

I'll be thinking about you all day tomorrow. Let us know when you have time.

Jaime

Carrie said...

I love renivating days! I have some projects up my sleeve but haven't voiced them yet for my hubby.

Carly O'Quinn said...

Go, Neal, go! I can't wait to see pictures of the boys helping.

What time is your appointment?

Kathryn said...

Glad you are feeling a little better. We are still praying for baby Luke. (Love the name by the way!)